Molecular Vista offers Photo-induced Force Microscopy (PiFM) imaging services.
We work with many high-end industrial clients and scholars, where PiFM provides the ability to resolve nanocomposites and highlight their constituents with <10 nm spatial resolution. For homogenous samples that are simply too small for traditional FTIR or ATR-FTIR techniques, PiFM provides the ability to identify spectrally the class of material. Spectra taken with PiFM can be used in any FTIR library search software.
- Nanoscale chemical mapping with <10 nm spatial resolution to identify mixtures of disparate components through IR signatures
- IR spectroscopy with monolayer sensitivity as fast as 0.1 seconds per IR spectrum
- Additional imaging modes of all-purpose AFM include confocal Raman, Kelvin probe,
fluorescence, photoluminescence, magnetic force
- Applications in a broad range of materials including semiconductor, solar, plasmonics,
organics, inorganics, and biologicals
Past studies have included:
- Failure analysis
- Unknown contamination and/or chemical identification
- Process evaluation
Due to the sensitivity of many industrial samples, confidentiality is paramount.
For more information, please contact us.